Ans: Section 68 of the CGST Act, 2017 requires the person in charge of a conveyance carrying goods worth more than Rs. 50,000 to carry an e-way bill. This is also needed when the amount is lower than Rs. 50,000 if there is inter-state movement of goods by principal to a job worker, or transport of handicrafts by dealer exempt from GST registration.
- Why is the e-way bill required?
- What is the common portal for generation of e-way bill?
- I have already registered with the GST Portal. Should I need to register again on the eWay Portal?
- Whenever I am trying to register, the system says there is no contact (Mobile) number with this GSTIN in GST Common Portal, how should I resolve this issue?
- What is TRANSIN or Transporter ID?
- How does the unregistered transporter get his unique id or transporter id?
- I am unable to enroll as a transporter as the system is saying ‘PAN details are not validated’?
- Whenever I am trying to login, the system says ‘Your account has been frozen’. How should I resolve this issue?
- What should I do if I do not remember my username and password?
- Who all can generate the e-way bill?