Ans: A registered person or transporter must generate the e-way bill if the value of goods being transported exceeds Rs. 50,000. They may also choose to do so if the goods are of a lesser value. An e-way bill can be generated by an unregistered person by enrolling on the common portal – http://ewaybillgst.nic.in.
- Why is the e-way bill required?
- What is the common portal for generation of e-way bill?
- I have already registered with the GST Portal. Should I need to register again on the eWay Portal?
- Whenever I am trying to register, the system says there is no contact (Mobile) number with this GSTIN in GST Common Portal, how should I resolve this issue?
- What is TRANSIN or Transporter ID?
- How does the unregistered transporter get his unique id or transporter id?
- I am unable to enroll as a transporter as the system is saying ‘PAN details are not validated’?
- Whenever I am trying to login, the system says ‘Your account has been frozen’. How should I resolve this issue?
- What should I do if I do not remember my username and password?
- Who all can generate the e-way bill?