After the GST registration cancellation process is completed, following course of actions will be initiated:
- Taxpayer will be intimated about the cancellation via registered mobile number & Email address. Cancellation order will be sent to the authorized signatory of the business/ GST registration.
- Cancellation order can be Viewed & downloaded from the GST portal dashboard of the taxpayer.
- GSTIN status changes from ‘Proceeding of cancellation initiated’ to ‘Inactive’.
- Taxpayer will be barred from uploading any invoices or filing returns.
- Taxpayer will be barred from amending the GST registration details once the GST Registration cancellation order is issued.